International Rescue Committee(NGO)
Position – Cash Transfer Assistant
- Qualification – First Degree holder in Agri-Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Rural Development, Banking, Project Management, social science, international development, or related relevant field
- similar with relative experience of the position demand.
- 0-year experience for first Degree holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
- Experience and/or knowledge in CVA programming is an asset
- Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language is advantageous.
- Work Place – Jigjiga
- Deadline – May 28/22
The Cash Transfer Assistant position holder shall be responsible to support the distribution of cash and voucher assistance to Draught impacted populations/households. Cash Transfer Assistant will be based in Jijiga town of Somali Region and can be deployed to all other woredas of Harshin, Kebribeyah, Ellele, Adadle, Qohle and Barey and any other emerging emergency areas & localities whenever need. The position reports to IRC cash Transfer officer with technical mentorship from the senior cash Transfer officer on the administrative CVA tasks and technical backstopping.
Major key Responsibilities:
- Assist to conduct assessment to identify the most vulnerable households in need of assistance using robust targeting methodology.
- Assist in sensitization of local government structures, communities, and opinion leaders on the targeting criteria of the project
- Assist in the identification of the beneficiaries for cash assistant as per criteria agreed with the project team.
- Assist in the registration of targeted vulnerable HHs, ensuring their data is collected and stored appropriately, safely, and confidentially
- Assist cash assistance is delivered to targeted households as per predetermined targeting criteria and in a safe manner.
- Assist cash transfers and ensuring reporting of any problems (if occurring) during implementation of the multipurpose cash transfer.
- Actively participate in relevant field assessments to understand the beneficiaries’ needs.
- Develop methods to support communication with beneficiaries and community engagement in the targeted areas.
- Coordinate activities with local authorities, community members, other implementing actors and partners at the woreda level
- Compile and submit regular project reports and updates to cash officers and team members.
- Assist to implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems including selected beneficiaries’ verifications, client compliant handling mechanism.
- Carry out additional duties within reasonableness of his/her level of skills and experience ordered by his/her manager
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications can apply using https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/27740?c=rescue
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.