Embassy of Canada to Ethiopia
Position – Administrative / Program Assistant
- Selection Process Nº: 80408-67
- Salary: 463,182 ETB
- Type: Indeterminate (Full-time)
- Term Details: This position is a Locally Engaged Staff position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Ethiopia.
- Job Function: Administrative
- Classification: LE – A2
Location: the Embassy of Canada to Ethiopia
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Closing date for application: 25 July, 2022 at 23:59 UTC/GMT +3:00
Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education.
- A degree from an accredited university or college
- Advanced level in English (written and spoken)
- Advanced level in Amharic (written and spoken)
- A minimum of 2 years recent* experience delivering administrative support in a professional office setting, involving tasks such as: responding to enquiries and requests for partners and stakeholders; keeping up to date mailing lists for organizations and other key contacts; disseminating information and invitations; and/or managing budgets.
- Experience drafting general correspondence, reports and/or professional emails for internal communications.
- Experience in assisting on logistics, coordination, protocol and event planning.
How to Apply
You must submit your application using the “Apply online” function. Only applications submitted via VidCruiter will be considered, unless a valid reason is presented and accepted prior to the closing date.
Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience.
Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or which are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to LES-E-Recruitment-BRLIN@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.